variants: or opisthoglyphous \ ⸗¦⸗⸗¦glifəs \ or less commonly opisthoglyphic \ -fik \
Definition of opisthoglyph
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to the Opisthoglypha : having teeth of the type characteristic of this group
Definition of opisthoglyph (Entry 2 of 2)
: an opisthoglyph snake
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?