:a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter
- We asked them for their opinions about the new stadium.
:belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge
- a person of rigid opinions
:a generally held view
- news programs that shape public opinion
:a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert
- My doctor says that I need an operation, but I'm going to get a second opinion.
:the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based
- The article discusses the recent Supreme Court opinion.