: performance of a practical work or of something involving the practical application of principles or processes
- Practice until you can go through the whole operation without hesitation or thinking.
: an exertion of power or influence
: the quality or state of being functional or operative
- The plant is now in operation.
: a method or manner of functioning
- a machine of very simple operation
: a procedure performed on a living body usually with instruments especially for the repair of damage or defect or the restoration of health
- needed an operation to remove his appendix
: any of various mathematical or logical processes (such as addition) of deriving one entity from others according to a rule
- Multiplication is one mathematical operation.
: a usually military action, mission, or maneuver including its planning and execution
- military operations for a large-scale invasion
: the office on the flight line of an airfield where pilots file clearance for flights and where flying from the field is controlled
: the agency of an organization charged with carrying on the principal planning and operating functions of a headquarters and its subordinate units
: a business transaction especially when speculative
- continued his operations in cotton futures
: a single step performed by a computer in the execution of a program (see 1program 6a)
: a usually small business or establishment
- ran a struggling operation