variants: or ooidal \ (ˈ)ō¦ȯidᵊl \
Definition of ooid
(Entry 1 of 2)
: shaped like an egg
Definition of ooid (Entry 2 of 2)
: one of the individual spherical concretionary bodies that characterize an oolite
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?