Definition of onesie
1 : a bodysuit for an infant having a snap closure at the crotch and not covering the legs … her husband, Prince William, gratefully accepted a onesie labeled "Daddy's Little Co-Pilot" from a well-wisher …— Michelle Tauber et al.
2 : a one-piece garment for adults usually with long sleeves and pants and sometimes with a hood All eyes were on Pharrell Williams' wife, Helen Lasichanh, during the Met Gala on May 1, but it was for all the wrong reasons. We were hoping Helen would show off her amazing post-baby body after birthing triplets, but instead, she covered her body in a giant red onesie that some Twitter users were comparing to the red Teletubbie!— Christopher Rogers
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game