variants: or one-idea'd \ ¦wəˌnī¦dēəd \
Definition of one-ideaed
: having or possessed by only one idea her one-ideaed peasant mind was as inaccessible as a closed iron safe— Joseph Conrad sneered at him as a one-ideaed abolitionist— David Donald
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game