on the debit sideidiom
Definition of on the debit side
1 chiefly British : in the section of a financial record where debits are written Enter these amounts on the debit side.
2 —used when mentioning the things that one does not like about something On the debit side, the restaurant is very noisy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game