Definition of on loan
: borrowed from someone or something for a period of time This painting is on loan from the National Gallery. an actor on loan from another sitcom Some of the workers were on loan as temporary staff.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
- Words with Lost Meanings
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game