on a collision courseidiom
Definition of on a collision course
: moving so as to crash into each other if one or the other does not change direction The two airplanes were on a collision course. —often + with The comet was on a collision course with the planet. —often used figuratively The government's policies are putting us on a collision course with economic disaster.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?