less common spelling of oca
: either of two South American wood sorrels (Oxalis crenata and O. tuberosa) cultivated for their edible tubers also : the tuber of an oca
Definition of Oka (Entry 2 of 2)
1 river 530 miles (853 kilometers) long in south central Russia in Asia flowing north from the Sayan Mountains into the Angara River
2 river 919 miles (1479 kilometers) long in central Russia in Europe flowing into the Volga River
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game