officer of the day
Definition of officer of the day
: the officer who acting directly under the commanding officer of a military organization or installation is responsible on an assigned day for overseeing the guard, preserving order, protecting property, enforcing inspection regulations, and guarding prisoners
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game