Definition of office hours
1 : the time during the day when people work in an office Our office hours are 8:30 to 4:00 Monday through Friday.
2 US : the time during the day when a teacher is available to meet with students in his or her office She has office hours Monday and Wednesday mornings from 9:00 to 11:00.
3 US : a time during the day when people can see a doctor or dentist
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
- Words with Lost Meanings
- ‘Phase’ vs. ‘Faze’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game