of the dayidiom
Definition of of the day
1 : served in a restaurant as a special item on a particular day What's the vegetable of the day? Our soup of the day is vegetable beef.
2 : of a particular period of time What were some of the popular movies of the day? We read old newspapers to learn of the important issues of the day.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game