Definition of now, now
1 —used to tell someone not to be worried or unhappy Now, now, don't cry. Everything will be all right. You'll see!
2 —used in speech to express criticism or disapproval in a gentle way Now, now. There's no need to use that kind of language.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game