Definition of not half
1 : not nearly He's not half the fool you think he is. an aging baseball player who is not half the hitter he once was
2 British, informal —used to emphasize a statement or description She doesn't half swear! So vulgar I hate to listen to her.It's not half cold today so bundle up!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game