Definition of nonutility
: something that is not a utility especially : a company (such as a producer of electricity) that is not a public utility This change allowed the new nonutilities to compete with utilities and others for the opportunity to sell electricity in wholesale markets … — GAO Report —often used before another noun nonutility energy producers Exxon is one of the world's biggest nonutility generators of electric power. — Toni Mack
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game