Definition of nonsynchronous
: not synchronous : not happening, moving, or existing at the same time Such nonsynchronous rotation had originally been proposed as a consequence of a supposed lack of permanent mass asymmetry within a dominantly fluid Europa …— William B. McKinnon Any camera and recorder can be used to record nonsynchronous, double system sound …— Edward Pincus and Steven Ascher nonsynchronous assembly lines
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game