Definition of noninstitutional
1 : not belonging to, relating to, characteristic of, or appropriate to an institution : not institutional noninstitutional care for the elderly … these noninstitutional, homey settings are … an appealing alternative to a hospital delivery room.— Barbara M. Swanson
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game