Definition of nondecision
1 : an inadequate decision : a statement or determination that is presented as a decision but that avoids or leaves unresolved the issue being considered The Court promoted uncertainty … with its nondecision a year later …— Alan Freeman
2 : failure to make a decision … asked the board to second both motions so the board could vote and everyone could move on. It didn't happen. Frustrated with the nondecision, the 20 or so residents who attended for that issue left …— Lenore T. Adkins
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game