Definition of nonconference
: not of, relating to, or occurring within a conference especially : of, relating to, or involving play between athletic teams that do not belong to the same conference (as in college football or basketball) nonconference games/opponents a nonconference victory … facing a brutal nonconference schedule that included away games against Texas, North Carolina, Kansas, Arizona and Kentucky … — Tim Crothers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game