Definition of nonbanking
a : not licensed as a bank but providing some of the financial services (such as loans or money transfers) that are usually offered by banks Socks and stocks is the nickname for nonbanking companies like Sears that offer financial services. — Time Magazine
b : not being or relating to the usual business of a bank or banker … offered banks … an opportunity to expand into many nonbanking activities.— Tyrone Black and Donnie Daniel
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?