Definition of nonartistic
: not of, relating to, or characteristic of art or artists : not artistic The nonartistic public had understandable difficulty accepting the idea that art … was exempt from the rules that applied to all other areas of social intercourse.— Walter Kendrick
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game