nomocanonnoun, often capitalized
no·mo·ca·non | \ ˌnȯməˈkäˌnȯn\
Definition of nomocanon
: a collection of the ecclesiastical laws of the ancient Eastern Orthodox Church and the Byzantine imperial laws that pertained to the administration of the church
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?