Definition of nome
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of Nome (Entry 2 of 2)
Note: Nome was founded as a camp for gold miners circa 1898 and was a center of the great Alaskan gold rush in 1899–1903. The name is thought to be a mistaken interpretation of "? Name" written on an early navigational chart. Today, Nome is notable for the finish line of the annual Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
Keep scrolling for more
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game