no such thingidiom
Definition of no such thing
1 —used to say that a particular person, object, etc., does not really exist A perfect person? There's no such thing. —often + as There is no such thing as a unicorn.
2 —used to say that one did not say or do something that someone believes or says one did "He said that you're not going with us." "I said no such thing."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game