no such thingidiom
Definition of no such thing
1 —used to say that a particular person, object, etc., does not really exist A perfect person? There's no such thing. —often + as There is no such thing as a unicorn.
2 —used to say that one did not say or do something that someone believes or says one did "He said that you're not going with us." "I said no such thing."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game