no ifs, ands, or butsidiom
Definition of no ifs, ands, or buts
—used to indicate certainty As far as I'm concerned, she's the most qualified candidate, and there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game