Definition of nitro musk
: any of several synthetic chemicals (such as musk ambrette, musk ketone, musk xylene) that have a fragrant musky scent, are nitro derivatives of substituted benzenes, and are used in perfumes and various consumer goods (such as soaps, detergents, and lotions)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game