Definition of nitro musk
: any of several synthetic chemicals (such as musk ambrette, musk ketone, musk xylene) that have a fragrant musky scent, are nitro derivatives of substituted benzenes, and are used in perfumes and various consumer goods (such as soaps, detergents, and lotions)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game