Definition of ninety-second
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 92 in a countable series the ninety-second day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 92 equal parts into which something is divisible a ninety-second share of the money
Definition of ninety-second (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 92 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 92 : one of 92 equals parts of something
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?