Definition of ninety-ninth
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 99 in a countable series the ninety-ninth day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 99 equal parts into which something is divisible a ninety-ninth share of the money
Definition of ninety-ninth (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 99 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 99 : one of 99 equal parts of something
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?