Definition of ninety-first
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 91 in a countable series the ninety-first day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 91 equal parts into which something is divisible a ninety-first share of money
Definition of ninety-first (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 91 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 91 : one of 91 equal parts of something
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game