Definition of ninety-eight
(Entry 1 of 3)
ninety-eightpronoun, plural in construction
Definition of ninety-eight (Entry 2 of 3)
: ninety–eight countable persons or things not specified but under consideration and being enumerated ninety-eight are here ninety-eight were found
Definition of ninety-eight (Entry 3 of 3)
1 : eight and 90 : two times 49 : seven times 14
2a : 98 units or objects a total of ninety-eight
b : a group or set of 98
3 : the numerable quantity symbolized by the arabic numerals 98
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?