neu·ro·mast | \ ˈn(y)u̇rəˌmast\
Definition of neuromast
: one of the characteristic sensory organs of the lateral lines of fishes and various other lower vertebrates consisting of a cluster of sensory cells connected with nerve fibers
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game