Definition of networking
1 : the exchange of information or services among individuals, groups, or institutions specifically : the cultivation of productive relationships for employment or business … networking remains the No. 1 cause of job attainment … — Hal Lancaster
2 : the establishment or use of a computer network He has extensive experience in computer networking and information security.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game