nessberrynoun, sometimes capitalized
ness·ber·ry | \ ˈnes-—see berry\
Definition of nessberry
: a hybrid bramble with fruit of superior flavor but inferior picking and shipping qualities produced by interbreeding dewberries and red raspberries and grown to a limited extent in the southern U.S.
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game