nerves of steelnoun phrase
Definition of nerves of steel
: an impressive ability to remain calm in dangerous or difficult situations It takes nerves of steel to work in such a high-pressure job.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game