variants: or Neo-Confucianism
Definition of neo-Confucianism
: a rationalistic revival of Confucian philosophy in the 11th century a.d. that exercised a pronounced influence on Chinese thought for over 800 years neo-Confucianism, in which many traits of both Buddhism and Taoism were blended with the more naturalistic tenets of Confucius— L. J. Walker
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?