neb·u·lé | \ ¦nebyə¦lā, -¦lē\
variants: or less commonly nebuly \ ˈnebyəlē \
Definition of nebulé
1 : composed of successive short curves made to resemble a cloud —used of a heraldic line by which an ordinary or subordinary may be bounded
2 of a molding : consisting of an overhanging band the lower projecting edge of which conforms in shape to a continuous undulating curve
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?