naumkeagnoun, often capitalized N
naum·keag | \ ˈnȯmˌkeg\
variants: or naumkeag machine or naumkeag scourer
Definition of naumkeag
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a machine having a rubber buffing disk for smoothing the surface of shoe soles or heels before finishing
Definition of naumkeag (Entry 2 of 2)
: to buff a shoe bottom (as on a naumkeag machine) prior to the finishing process
: to buff (a shoe bottom) prior to finishing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game