: something that is narrated : story, account
- He is writing a detailed narrative of his life on the island.
: a way of presenting or understanding a situation or series of events that reflects and promotes a particular point of view or set of values
- The rise of the Tea Party and the weakness of the Obama economy have fueled a Republican narrative about Big Government as a threat to liberty …
- —Michael Grunwald
- The media narrative around Kelly's appointment had two central ideas … : He would calm and professionalize the White House, and he would provide a more measured leadership style than his boss.
- —Perry Bacon Jr.
: the art or practice of narration
- … depended not on narrative but on intensity derived from the verity to make the book jump.
- —Stanley Kauffmann
: the representation in art of an event or story;
: an example of such a representation
- the narrative of St. Joan of Arc