less common spelling of naan
: a round flat leavened bread especially of the Indian subcontinent
Definition of Nan (Entry 2 of 2)
river 390 miles (628 kilometers) long in northern Thailand flowing south to join the Ping River forming the Chao Phraya River
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?