variants: or multimammate rat \ ¦⸗⸗ at multi- +...- \
Definition of multimammate mouse
: any of several common African rodents (genus Rattus) having 12 rather than the usual 5 or 6 mammae on each side
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?