Definition of multiline
: composed of, involving, or able to accommodate more than one line: such as
a : consisting of multiple lines of text a multiline headline : capable of showing, containing, or processing multiple lines of text a multiline display/field New multiline optical character readers are already being put in place; they can read an entire address and spray forth a bar code that stands for a nine-digit ZIP …— Jake Page
b : having or involving multiple telecommunications lines a multiline phone plan
c : having or selling multiple product lines It is a single-line car dealer in an era of hungry multiline megadealers.— Thomas Moore While most agents specialize in life insurance, a growing number (called multiline agents) offer both life and property/casualty policies. — Occupational Outlook Handbook
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game