much to the regret of (someone)idiom
Definition of much to the regret of (someone)
: causing great disappointment to (someone) Much to the regret of my parents, I decided not to go to college.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game