moved out; moving out; moves out
Definition of move out
: to leave one's house, apartment, etc., and go to live somewhere else He was 20 when he moved out of his parents' house. Her lease ends next month, so she'll have to move out (of her apartment) soon.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 12/6/19
- Getting with the ‘Program’ (or ‘Programme’)
- Why Do We Say Teams Get a 'Bye'?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/29/19
Ask the Editors
- Semantic Drift Quiz Take the quiz
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game