move one's assidiom
Definition of move one's ass
chiefly US, informal
—used as an impolite way to say someone needs to hurry up We don't have much time so you'd better move your ass!They need to move their asses if they want to get there on time.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?