mouthed off; mouthing off; mouths off
Definition of mouth off
: to talk in a loud, unpleasant, or rude way He got in trouble again for mouthing off to his teacher. She's always mouthing off about how much better she could run the company herself.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game