mouth offphrasal verb
mouthed off; mouthing off; mouths off
Definition of mouth off
: to talk in a loud, unpleasant, or rude way He got in trouble again for mouthing off to his teacher. She's always mouthing off about how much better she could run the company herself.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?