mouil·lé | \ (ˈ)mü¦yā\
Definition of mouillé
: pronounced palatally —used especially in l mouillé and with reference to the sound \lʸ\ in Old French and certain dialects of Modern French or rarely with reference to its counterpart \y\ in standard Modern French
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?