mor·pho·phonemic | \ ¦mȯ(r)(ˌ)fō+\
Definition of morphophonemic
: of or relating to a class of phonemes that belong to the same morpheme or to the relations among them and the conditions that determine their occurrences a morphophonemic alteration of long vowel in open syllable and short vowel in closed syllable— J. H. Greenberg
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game