more·pork | \ ˈmōrˌpōrk, ˈmȯrˌpȯrk\
variants: or less commonly mopoke \ ˈmōˌpōk \ or morepoke \ ˈmōrˌpōk , ˈmȯr- \
Definition of morepork
1 : any of several Australian frogmouths (especially Podargus strigoides)
2 : boobook owl
3 Australia : a dull-witted person
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game