Definition of more than
: to a great degree : very : extremely Please call me anytime. I'm more than happy to help (out) in any way I can. —often in a clause followed by another clause that gives more information or limits the "more than" clause in some way I am more than happy to help you, but I'd appreciate being asked politely.You are more than welcome to stay for dinner, but we aren't having anything special.
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game